Sunday, January 8, 2012

Romantic Style

Today I am redesigning my logo for Jenne V & Co. Photo, Finally! Its like a concept that has been there right under your nose but you never looked down to see it. Well I finally looked and I was pleasantly surprised as to what I found. I do have a style, it wasn't until I could finally recognize it as MY style that I could finally feel comfortable with saying that I Had a style at all. Well ladies and Gentlemen, I'm a Romantic.

For a long time I had been confusing Romantic with Classic or Traditional. I like dark wood colors and big furniture with lots of fabrics and flowers. BUT traditional tends to be sort of dark mostly focusing on very warm colors, reds, burgundies, browns etc. My preference, is airy, light and a touch of frilly goodness. Romantic style at least in the way I will describe is centered around pastel colors, flowy fabrics, flower prints (except on large furniture I do not enjoy prints on furniture),  antique looking furniture with beautiful grooves and carvings, and most importantly, a Chandelier in every room! Lets not forget the use of aromatic candles and tons and tons of Femininity.

Now that I've found it I can finally flaunt it. My life can revolve around my Romantic identity. I'm really excited to have this part of me to flourish in my art, in my home and in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment