Sunday, January 8, 2012

Another Weekend in Paradise


Caspian's Newborn shots were not taken until he was almost a month old. Back then I had no knowledge of photographers or photography for that matter. Looking back at those pictures I really wish I had known someone who did at least half decent newborn photography rather than having gone to the Sear's in Palm Springs, CA. Although the pictures came out well, after all it was my ham who was being photographed, I feel like they were not your once in a lifetime 'BEAUTIFUL' captures. Since I've started in my photography journey I have focused on learning the technical side of photography. Now I know my camera like the back of my hand and am finally moving on to capture things that really inspire using the skills I learned this past year. Having a year gone by and a new year begun I created a resolution, and that was to photograph my son more often. So here it goes, he is no longer a 9 pound 21 inch toothless baby. Caspian now sports a little boy's haircut, weighs around 35 pounds, nearly 3 feet tall and a full mouthful of chomps ready to smile or yelp in uncontrollable excitement for any silly thing. I love my Sonshine!

Reading Sesame Street Upside Down





 This weekend I began mentoring a fellow I met at the mall who is interested in photography. Meanwhile I wanted to practice my back lighting, usually I will drag my poor husband out to model for me as I bark orders to lean this way, move his head that way, look in that direction.. We took my good ole trusted friend, Mickey Mouse out for a walk. The sun was setting and hence we climbed the hill in front of our house to try and capture some of the last light of the day. Here are two photographs taken in the same location, same settings with just a little technique to differentiate.


 Both Mickeys are well lit, and beautifully exposed. However for Mickey on the left, the sun had hidden behind the clouds overhead. However I waited just a few moments enough for the sun to continue its axis around the Earth and peek from under the cloud capturing this beautiful back-lit portrait of Mickey. Love the Golden Hour!



 Meal Times really bring us together here at the Vazquez/Gallmeier household. I decided to capture some moments with Caspian as he ate his cereal before breakfast. The silly man gulped down his ravioli dinner and asked for cereal and milk before bed, no wonder he is so heavy! I've been experimenting with the Florabella Collection Actions I purchased a while ago. The best advice I've gotten about not over-doing actions is to "FIRST do it on the people you Love" Well here it is, Before and After of Caspian with a few of the actions from this collection. Below I used a few presets mildly modified to fit my liking. Normally I love high contrast black and whites but these Chocolate hits are to die for, I am converted!
<3 CHEESE!!!

Week 1 of 52 "Inspiration"





My LOVE!!!
 We ended the weekend with Popcorn and a movie. Found these awesome PopCorn holders for a buck at goodwill and I bought all 5 of them, you never know, I might have two more kids in the future. I'm ok with one for now.


Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment