Thursday, June 7, 2012

Terry Family - Falmouth Canals


Angelina is an amazing person, she is a mother, a wife and a United States Marine. She is also a full time student studying criminal justice, English is her third language and she was born in Tahiti. Among all these awesome things she does and is, she is also one of my favorite clients. 





We had originally planned to have a family session back in February, due to scheduling, weather and family situations we finally opted to do a Mommy & Me only. A bit later Angelina came back to me and said she wanted to complete the full circle and finish with a family session. What I haven't told you is that I've been working on a very special project for Angelina. For the last few months I have been collecting all the photographs I take of Mia Swam (her gorgeous little baby girl) and with them designing an album. When Angelina saw this album she was so happy but thought something was missing, a Family Portrait. 








And so here we are four months later and I'm ready to pick the fruits of my labor. Our session started off on the wrong foot as the location I had scouted earlier that day was claimed by a large black snake at the shallow of the water. With a lot of shock and some uneasiness I convinced the family that there was a second location just a few yards away that would challenge the magnificence of the previously set location. The Falmouth Canals are located very close to Pratt Park where I liked to run once a week, little did I know there was a gorgeous little hidden gem behind all those trees.






About the session, having known Angelina for a few months now I felt very comfortable directing them and just letting the moments unfold. She and her husband were very playful and free in front of my lens. Mia Swan has continuously come to impress me at how observant and easygoing  she is. Our session took us from the top of the hills over a little cascade of water all the way into the Rappahanock River. What a wonderful evening spent with this family, I'm very happy to document their happiness any time. 

Until Next time, 

Jenne 


No comments:

Post a Comment