Thursday, June 7, 2012

Remember to Pray


  • Its not difficult to see how far I've come in the last few years. From a  wife, to a mother to a photographer and business owner. But what makes me most proud of that of being a mother and a wife. Yesterday as I lay snuggling with my 2 year old son reading to him before his afternoon nap I realized how blessed I am to have him. Once he finally fell asleep I stopped to think how much work I needed to get done from laundry, to dinner, organizing closets, taking out the trash, running errands and finish editing last weekend's sessions... then it hit me, I didn't remember how long its been since I prayed. So as Caspian lay there, his arm outstretched embracing my fingers and Lily sleeping in my arms I closed my eyes and prayed. I prayed to say Thank You for everything I have and everything I do not. My my son's health, my family's well being, my husband's job, my photography business, my new car, the food on our table, the roof over our heads, everything I could think of. I was overcome by the sense of peace I felt to think that everything is ok. Later that night after everyone had gone to bed, I prayed again. 


xoxo,

Jenne

No comments:

Post a Comment