Friday, March 9, 2012

J* Starstruck!

So there I was with a huge knot in my stomach face to face with one of my photographic-heroes. Speechless and completely dumbfounded as she greeted me and said a kind "Thank you for coming!" I mumbled something about being from Orange County, CA and then turned over as I had my picture hastily taken by one of the TheFIX volunteer photographers. She then offered to sign my recently purchased copy of EXPOSED magazine, a story about her life and her struggles, which I'd forgotten that I was holding. I told her how she had actually answered one of my twitter questions up on stage and my name was correctly said "Jenn-E" and told her Thank you. It was only after that I was able to understand what had just happened, I had been face to face with one of my favorite photographers of all time and I had not known what to say. I felt awkward and weird because it had been a scary-cool moment. I still remember the shimmer in her eyeshadow and the gorgeous white smile that looked back at me.


POLO is in this bus!! <3

The Gala Hispanic Theatre
My pass & drink voucher, I had a Screwdriver for the first time in my life :p

J* 
Jasmine Star (www.jasmine-star.com) Is an Orange County, California based International Wedding photographer. She went to UCLA (where I am going to get my  Fine Arts Degree :) And instead of continuing on to Law School she decided to be a photographer. Her story is much deeper that that but that's the skinny of it and I absolutely LOVE her because she's hispanic and I identify with her but more than that, she is honest, determined and REAL.
Me (Completely Starstruck) & Jasmine looking gorgeous! 


My Friend Samantha Martin <3 Who convinced me to go to the FIX in DC 

J* Sat on this chair! (I know I'm weird) lol 

 I <3 J*


The last thing I said as I scurried off was "I'll see you in California!" And so I plan to do so, because Jasmine Star does live close to home I hope to one day get past being Starstruck and gain her respect as a photographer myself. Until then and in her famous words "Stay Fabulous!"

Jenne

No comments:

Post a Comment